Learn more about Help Desk Software
What is Help Desk Software?
Help Desk software is a centralized portal where customers or internal team members can submit questions or resolve technical issues efficiently though a ticketing system. Help Desk software can be used to support customers or provide support to end users of products or services.
What Does a Help Desk System Do?
A Help Desk provides a centralized portal for customers or end users of a product or service offered by a company to obtain support, get answers to questions, and troubleshoot issues through an organized ticket system.
What is the Difference Between Help Desk and Service Desk?
The difference between a help desk and a service desk is that a help desk is often used for IT support, fixes, and troubleshooting while a service desk is structed around customer questions and product support.
What is the Difference Between Help Desk and Contact Center?
The difference between help desk and contact center is that a Help desk software is typically used by companies to provide internal technical support to their own teams or help track work done in certain releases and upgrades to their systems.
On the other hand, contact center software provides a full suite of multi-channel (email, phone, chat, etc) tools that are intended to serve customers and help them with questions, resolve issues related to products or services, or upsell them to other products.
What are the Common Features of Help Desk Software?
The common features of help desk software include:
- Contact Points
- User-Friendly Interface & Dashboards
- Efficient Ticketing
- Knowledge Base
- Self-Service Portal and Tools
- Escalation Options
- Workflow and Ticketing Automation
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys
What are the Main Components of Help Desk Support?
The main components of help desk support include:
- Incident Management and IT Support
- Trouble-Shooting and Problem Solving
- Change Management
- Automated Ticketing Workflows
- Service Requests
What are the Benefits of Help Desk Software?
The benefits of Help Desk software include:
- Streamlined, efficient management of tech support requests and issues.
- Enhanced visibility into all open issues, for staff and customers, from the time a ticket is opened until it’s resolved.
- Improved agent and technical support productivity and organization.
- Fewer missed service or support requests.
- Simplified operations and more ease in meeting SLAs.
What are the Challenges with a Help Desk?
The challenges with a help desk include:
- Multiple requests coming through multiple channels for support or service
- Lost issues
- Prolonged resolution times
- Wasted time due to interruptions or dealing with repetitive, manual tasks
- Low IT or customer satisfaction ratings
- High operational costs
How to Buy Help Desk Software?
You can use the following checklist to help you determine how to buy the best Help Desk software for your business.
- Focus on business needs, service issues, and growth goals driving the decision to get a new or upgraded Help Desk system.
- Plan for data migration, implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact customer or technical support during the transition.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Understand the support processes you’re looking to streamline and automate.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by Help Desk software vendors to show features and functionality.
- Understand reporting and analytics needs.
What are the Top Help Desk Software Trends?
The top Help Desk software trends are:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Virtual Support Assistants and Chatbots