Learn more about Project Management Software
What is Project Management Software?
Project Management software is a suite of tools, features, tracking, and integrations that are all designed for smoothly managing projects from beginning to completion.
What are the Common Features of Project Management Software?
The top Project Management software features are:
- Project Gantt View
- Resource Management
- Portfolio Management
- Time Management
- Cost Tracking
- Risk Management
- Document Management
- Change Management
- Workflow Management
- Ticket Management
- Web Services API
- Customizable Dashboards
- Intuitive Operations
- Custom Fields
- Custom Forms
- Custom Reports
What are the Benefits of Project Management Software?
The benefits of Project Management software include:
- Facilitate seamless collaboration on all the moving pieces involved in one or many projects.
- Improve scheduling on projects with a variety of tools.
- Reduce costs and build efficiency into your project timelines.
- Improve project progression tracking and quantify results upon completion of projects.
- Enhance team and/or client communication while working together on shared projects and initiatives.
- Create organization with delegation tools, project tracking, and more.
What are the Primary Functions of Project Management Software?
The primary functions of project management software are:
- Remote and mobile Access
- Centralized workflow tools
- Collaboration tools
- Team accountability tracking and tools
- Meeting organization
Why is Project Management Software Important?
Project Management Software is important because it provides a suite of tools to help companies organize projects, keep team members accountable and on track, ensure projects stay on time and in budget, and help team collaborate more efficiently to accomplish shared goals. Project Management software helps a group see the big picture and then organize it into actionable steps and timelines for successful project completion.
What Industries Use Project Management Software?
The industries that use project management software include:
- Real Estate
- Information Technology
- Internet Companies
Who Uses Project Management Software?
Project managers, employees, contractors, executives, and IT teams all use project management software as needed during the course of projects in progress in a business.
Do All Companies Use Project Management?
Most all successful companies use project management tools to organize and complete projects, keep projects on time and in-budget, and delegate tasks for streamlined collaboration among various teams or external partners.
What are the Challenges with Project Management?
The challenges with project management include:
- Global competition
- Old systems and technology
- Issues with infrastructure
- Expertise needed for software
- Completing projects on time and within the budget
- Collaboration among teams and external partners
- Failed workflows or missed deadlines
How to Buy Project Management Software?
You can use the following checklist to help you determine how to buy the best project management system for your business.
- Focus on business needs, project needs and issues, and growth goals driving the decision to get a new or upgraded project management software.
- Plan for data migration, implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact employees or in-progress projects during the transition.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Understand the project management processes you’re looking to streamline and automate.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by project management software vendors to show features and functionality.
- Understand reporting and analytics needs.
What are the Top Project Management Software Trends?
The top Project Management software trends include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Automations
- Collaboration and Workspaces
- Agile Approach in Use More
- Blended Project Management Methods and Tools
- Advanced Tools for Time Tracking and Budget Planning