Cybersecurity software is a suite of tools designed to protect computers, systems, and full networks from hacks, cyber threats, or unauthorized access to company systems or resources. Cyber Security software works by scanning and searching systems and devices to locate and remove any malicious programs, applications, ransomware, or viruses and spyware.
The features of Cyber Security software include:
- Identification and defense against known cyber threats like viruses, malware, and ransomware.
- Protections against internal threats with user roles and security
- Risk and compliance measures for system-wide use
- Threat prevention
The business benefits of Cyber Security software are:
- Protection against known cyber threats like spyware, viruses, worms, and other unwanted programs or applications
- Data protection
- Defense against hacks or unauthorized user access to data and systems
- Improved computer and device functionality
- Time and resource savings
- Improved investor and stakeholder relationships and trust
- Enhanced business continuity
There are some main types of security software every business should know about to ensure that all the important elements of the company are fully protected, including:
- Anti-Virus and Malware Protection
- Email Security
- Access Security and Management
- Traffic Threat Management
- Endpoint Security
- Threat Intelligence
Security software is available in integrated suites of tools, as well as one-off point solutions that you can implement to protect against certain threats or risks that may pertain to the types of systems you run or the industry in which your business operates.
Choosing security measures for your business is important to protecting your company and all the data you use every day to operate and compete, so the protections your company needs will be unique to your individual business and threats. Building up your security software tools may involve multiple solutions from the same vendor, or individual protections for certain aspect of your business, from various vendors.
In response to the prominence of security risks inherent to digital businesses, a wide array of security software solutions been developed to protect against all the known threats that exist. Understanding which protections you need in place, and then determining the best security software for your needs can be a bit overwhelming. You can use our Cyber Security software comparison tools to review features, read reviews, and look over pricing plans for leading Cyber Security vendors.