The best mobile ERP software that manages several critical processes is the success factor behind most thriving businesses. Until recently, ERP solutions were only accessible via desktop or external hardware. However, the development of cloud-based platforms enabled enterprises to switch to mobile ERP solutions and enjoy enhanced flexibility, easy accessibility, improved client services, and many other valuable features.
Business enterprises are becoming increasingly confident in exploring additional ways to benefit from mobile ERP technology. In this article, we will walk you through the pros and cons of mobile ERP solutions, the necessary factors to consider while choosing one for your business, and tips on how to ensure seamless ERP implementation.
The Importance of Mobile ERP
A mobile ERP solution enables users to access their ERP system via mobile devices. This means that users need no longer be tied to a fixed computer location. At the same time, they work to enhance their mobility within the company’s framework, aiding seamless collaboration between teams and improving overall business productivity. This is how mobile ERP software improves client services and enables high-performance data analytics.
A mobile ERP application ensures real-time access to actionable company data without a chunky investment in infrastructure. While different mobile ERP solutions vary, an ideal mobile ERP application streamlines your business communication and cross-team collaboration within the organization. Using mobile ERP tools should in no way compromise functionality, so users can achieve what they usually would while using the tool via fixed hardware.
Tell us what you're looking for and we'll offer you personalized software recommendations.
Mobile ERP: The Pros
Mobile ERP solutions offer a plethora of attractive advantages that are the driving force behind their increasing popularity.
- Improved data quality as mobile ERP apps can capture insufficient data and prevent its entry into your ERP system.
- Greater visibility as mobile ERP makes tracking activities across departments much simple and easy. It can gather valuable data from multiple points and offer real-time information.
- A streamlined supply chain allows users to track raw materials and finished products end-to-end and maintain updated inventory records.
- Improved collaboration across departments by using a central database to access information without waiting for a chain of command.
- Better decision-making is powered by accurate and relevant data that enables users to solve problems timely.
Mobile ERP: The Cons
While mobile ERP solutions present undeniable advantages, certain limitations must be considered before embracing this technology.
- Although mobile ERP solutions are user-friendly, users may still need time to familiarize themselves with them, highlighting the need for employee training. Organizations ready to adopt mobile ERP software must consider all variables and prepare sufficiently for the unique challenges that may arise during the steps of ERP implementation.
- Since mobile devices can easily be lost or stolen, mobile ERP solutions expose businesses to the risk of losing crucial, confidential information.
- Many organizations adopting mobile ERP solutions need to consider their limitations regarding network connectivity. Steps must be taken to develop robust Wi-Fi strategies and collaborate with external service providers to implement widespread networks.
How to Choose the Best Mobile ERP Software
Each business has unique needs and expectations that determine the criteria that make a mobile ERP solution the best option. That said, every company shares a few mutual elements of the requirements, such as the business fit based on the needs and industry, ease of use, and the tool’s alignment with the future business goals of the particular organization. Some essential steps to choose the best mobile ERP for your organization are:
- Identify your needs and browse industry-specific mobile ERP solutions.
- Contemplate ease of use.
- Consider future growth and the ERP’s alignment with your goals.
Identify Your Needs and Browse Industry-Specific Mobile ERP Solutions.
Choosing a mobile ERP vendor with a thorough understanding of your industry-specific needs empowers your enterprise and makes it sufficiently efficient. A precisely tailored mobile ERP application requires minimal if any, ERP customization to meet all your business needs. A vendor specializing in your industry will anticipate your business needs and prioritize industry-specific innovations to provide you with a competitive edge.
Contemplate Ease of Use
Your ERP solution is there to facilitate your business success and not add to your list of professional hardships. Therefore, an intuitive, easy-to-learn user interface should be a priority factor in your hunt for the right mobile ERP. Doing this will ensure that your chosen solution makes your work processes more accessible, productive, and profitable.
Consider Future Growth and The ERP’s Alignment With Your Goals
Whatever phase of business you are in, you need your current business decisions to facilitate you in the future too, and not hold you back from growth. The right mobile ERP will be built on a scalable framework, enabling you to reach and explore new markets and grow your business.
How to Plan for Mobile ERP Implementation
A mobile ERP tool enables business organizations to manage and control critical business processes and operations. Mobile ERP software implementation empowers user organizations to improve their control over the central business aspects from a single and centralized space. Planning your mobile ERP implementation strategy during different phases thoroughly ensures a mostly-seamless experience with minimum disruption. Here is what you can do:
Define Clear Expectations
Before you begin implementing your mobile ERP application, you must develop and establish clear expectations. This can be done by including actual users in the testing phase so that any issues can be resolved timely.
Develop Your Solution In-House Or At Least Customize It
While many ready-to-use mobile ERP tools are readily available, you can hire experts and build a solution tailored specifically to your needs if they cost you too much. However, f you are unwilling to develop your tool, then at least customize it to fit your requirements for hassle-free implementation and usage.
Keep The User Experience Strong
Do what it takes to ensure that the user experience is excellent. Shrink the user view so that it perfectly fits a mobile device, and if you need to strip away irrelevant fields in the process, do it. Choose a suitable operating system and decide whether you will support one of the two primary operating systems for mobile ERP or both. Make the decision based on what suits your users more.
A realistic and well-designed mobile ERP implementation strategy and incorporating best implementation practices can enable a smooth deployment.
Compare the best ERP software providers to select the right vendor with the best mobile ERP system for you enterprise.