Crystal Practice Management software is a robust application widely used by optometric, and related practice. It offers a comprehensive package on management of health records featuring a built-in billing component, doctor appointment scheduler and secured e-claims for almost every health insurance carrier. It has the ability to cut operations cost by improving efficiencies on customer billing, patient record keeping, claim processing, patient communication and inventory. Version 2.3.0 + of the Crystal PM software also supports integration of imaging devices which makes it easier for users to access essential documents and maintain minimum hardware sets in the offices.
- The application provides an easy-to-use scheduling for patients and doctors, with color-coding. It provides a layering alternative for appointments, which can be viewed by day, week or month. This allows staff to not only prepare schedules, but also to print them and share them with doctors and patients.
- The application also allows patient to interact, in real-time, with doctors schedules, which provides much control to patient in booking appointments with the preferred doctor.
- So far, the integration covers most of the latest imaging machines form Marco/Nidek, Topcon, RTA, iZon, Nidek ARK 10000, Nidek Navis-EX, Huvitz, Quantify, Konan, Tomey, OCULUS, Optos, Humphery, Reichert, Retinomax, Essilor, Heidelberg, EyeQuip, Visionix, Visionix-Huvitz Output, Canon, Topaz, Zeiss iProfiler and Zeiss. Crystal PM also offers a printer to print from a typical computer.
- The latest version of the software, Crystal Practice Management 4.0, is certified by ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S Department of Health and Human Services
- The application also supports a free e-prescribing component which allows prescribers to securely and accurately send error-free and understandable prescriptions directly to the pharmacy.