Learn more about GPS Fleet Tracking Software
What is GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
GPS Fleet Tracking software is a system that uses GPS tracking for managing a fleet of vehicles, drivers, and other equipment or company assets. Using GPS Fleet Tracking software can help improve logistics, improve fuel use, and monitor driver performance and routing.
What is GPS Tracking Used For?
GPS tracking is used to monitor the exact location of company vehicles and equipment. The GPS reports on location and can also track movements to show the usage and positioning of assets at all times.
What is GPS Tracking Software?
GPS tracking software is a tracking and monitoring system that can collect details on vehicle location or use mobile phone coordinates to display the location of movement of vehicles and assets on a map. Tracking data is updated in real-time and used to monitor fleets with accuracy and find logistical improvements.
What are the Common Features of GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
The common features of GPS Fleet Tracking software include:
- Hardware and/or software for GPS tracking
- Dash Cams
- Fuel Consumption Monitoring
- Maintenance Scheduling for Vehicles & Equipment
- System Alerts & Engine Diagnostics
- Driver Monitoring & Scoring
What are the Benefits of GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
The benefits of GPS Fleet Tracking software are:
- Real-time tracking and location details
- Improved communication of delivery timelines
- Decreased fuel costs
- Improved driver efficiency and safety
- Highly optimized routing
Who Uses GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
GPS Fleet Tracking software is used in a variety of industries running fleets of vehicles and other equipment, including:
- Trucking companies
- Supply chain & logistics
- Taxi Companies
- Transit Companies
- HVAC and Plumbing Fleets
- Law Enforcement
- Moving Companies
- Vehicle Rentals
What are the Main Challenges with GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
The main challenges with GPS Fleet Tracking software include:
- Shortage of drivers
- Increasing fuel process
- Optimizing routes
- Driver habits and behaviors
- Electric and Autonomous Vehicles
What is the Importance of Fleet Management?
Fleet management is important for optimizing routes, reducing costs, monitoring drivers and vehicles, and improving the efficiency of fleets.
How to Buy GPS Fleet Tracking Software?
You can use the following checklist to help you determine how to buy the best GPS Fleet Tracking software for your business.
Focus on business needs and growth goals driving the decision to get a new or upgraded GPS Fleet Tracking system.
- Plan for data migration, implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact ongoing business activities and shipments.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Understand the processes you’re looking to streamline and automate.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by GPS Fleet Tracking software vendors to show features and functionality.
- Understand reporting and analytics needs for tracking fuel consumption, vehicle details, and driver information.
What are the Top GPS Fleet Tracking Software Trends?
The top GPS Fleet Tracking software trends include:
- 5G Networks
- Improvements in telematics and GPS
- Data Security & Privacy