GPS Fleet Tracking software is a system that uses GPS tracking for managing a fleet of vehicles, drivers, and other equipment or company assets. Using a GPS based fleet management system can help improve logistics, improve fuel use, and monitor driver performance and routing.
The features of GPS based fleet management software are:
- Hardware and/or software for GPS tracking
- Dash Cams
- Fuel Consumption Monitoring
- Maintenance Scheduling for Vehicles & Equipment
- System Alerts & Engine Diagnostics
- Driver Monitoring & Scoring
- GPS Navigation and Tracking
- Dispatch Management
- Alert Systems
- Route Optimization
- Fuel Card Integration
- Fleet Maintenance Monitoring
- Rate Management for Long Haul Shipping
- Load Optimization
- Mobile Access
The benefits of implementing a GPS based fleet management software include:
- Create a centralized scheduling system for dispatches and deliveries
- Display optimized routes to drivers through GPS
- Use GPS tracking to monitor where vehicles are in real time, ensuring that vehicles do not go astray
- Save money on fuel costs by monitoring consumption
- Find good rates for long haul shipping
- Keep track of vehicle maintenance needs
- Real-time tracking and location details
- Improved communication of delivery timelines
- Improved driver efficiency and safety
Many of today’s consumers care about limiting their carbon footprint, so it is beneficial for companies to show customers that they are taking steps to limit fuel consumption, which can be tracking in GPS based fleet management systems.. While shipping operations do consume substantial resources, the fuel-saving measures enabled by fleet management software can minimize environmental impact.
Mobile capacity is becoming mandatory in GPS based fleet management systems, and mobile apps can do more than ever. With the new mobile apps, drivers can contact customers when necessary, enabling a better customer experience.
In-depth analytics in GPS based fleet management systems provide companies with information to help limit costs, optimize scheduling and routes, and otherwise improve business efficiency. Customization options are also improving. This is significant for both day-to-day usage of software as well as for unlocking new insights from data analytics.