Learn more about Content Management System (CMS) Software
What is a Content Management System and Why it is Important?
A Content Management System (CMS) is a suite of software tools for creating, editing, storing, publishing, and collaborating on digital content.
CMS systems are important because they provide more control over website content and give companies the ability to make necessary edits or changes so that content stays updated and relevant for a great web experience.
What is a Content Management Platform?
A Content Management Platform, also known as a content management system or CMS, is a software system that provides tools and features for managing all the elements of creating a website and managing the content that lives on the site.
What are the Components of a CMS?
The components of a CMS are:
- UI (User Interface)
- Data Storage
- Workflow Schemes
- Editorial Features and Tools
What are the Types of CMS?
The types of CMS include Open-Source CMS, SaaS and Cloud-Based CMS, and Proprietary CMS.
What is the Difference Between HTML and CMS?
The difference between HTML and CMS is that with a Content Management System (CMS), you can create and manage content on a website by using the tools and features in the admin panel without the need for coding. However, HTML involves coding and creating a website out of embedded images, objects, and content.
What are the Common Features of Content Management System Software?
The common features of Content Management System (CMS) software include:
- Content Creation
- Content Editing
- Workflows and Organization Tools
- Role-Based User Permissions
- Reporting & Analytics
- Security & Compliance
- Multilingual Content Tools
What are the Benefits of Content Management System (CMS) Software?
The benefits of CMS Software include:
- Customizable Content
- Simple Content Collaboration
- Seamless Scheduling of Content
- Mobility & Accessibility
- Quick, Easy Installation
Who Needs a Content Management System?
Any organization that tends to use the same content repeatedly or lacks tools to create and edit custom content for their website or business needs a CMS.
What are the Challenges with Content Management System Software?
The challenges with CMS can include obtaining approval for implementation, migrating data and content, determining document ownership, and increasing adoption and use of the system.
How to Buy Content Management System Software?
You can use the following checklist to help you determine how to buy the best Content Management System (CMS) software for your business:
- Focus on business needs and growth goals driving the decision to get a new or upgraded CMS system.
- Plan for content and data migration, implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact your business.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Understand the content processes you’re looking to streamline, automate, and improve.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by CMS software vendors to show features and functionality.
- Understand reporting and analytics needs.
What are the Top Content Management System Software Trends?
The top Content Management System (CMS) trends include:
- Video Content
- Cloud-Based Platforms
- Headless CMS
- Progressive Apps