Cortex EDI is a user friendly and free electronic billing software for health care providers. The software which is published by Cortex EDI, Inc. can be used by physicians, hospitals, home health agencies, pharmacies and laboratories, dentist, physical therapist, chiropractors, ambulatory facilities and DME providers. The application features both a web-based and a stand-alone software options, therefore enabling its users to have a wide range of possible functions at a click. The application allows user to send claims and automatically receive reports that which can be downloaded.
- The application supports CMS-1500 forms and any other certificates of medical requirement
- It further supports an internal audit and correction process, which achieves 100% transmission and approval of claims
- By linking up with health insurance carriers, Cortex EDI cuts time for approval of Medicare reports. Approvals can be received within two to three days from the day of transmission
- The billing systems allows for easy printing of claims and transforming them into paper forms. The system also provides a backup storage of all medical information, which secures patient and health care providers information in case of data loss
- Cortex EDI also provides customization of doctor's and patient's information
- The reporting capabilities, for all health claims and any other archived information, provides one-click inventory tracking.
- The software also comes with an automatic rental feature for Medicare DME and other claims containing RR modifiers. It also has a set start and end date function per patient by HCPC code. It allows a tenth month letter generation and printing.