Learn more about Supply Chain Software
What is Supply Chain Software?
Supply Chain software is a system that provides all the powerful tools needed to manage a supply chain, such as: data access, reports, and analysis all the important details about how the goods and products your business relies on get from point A to point B, all in one centralized system.
How Does Supply Chain Software Work?
Supply Chain Software works by centralizing all the information around production, shipments, and distribution of goods or products so that all factors in moving products from the company to the end customer are in one system for organization, spotting and resolving issues, maintaining vendor relations, and ensuring optimal efficiency in the supply chain.
What are the Main Types of Supply Chains?
The main types of supply chains include:
- Fleets and Vehicles
Most companies leverage a combination or all of the supply chain types in order to manufacture and distribute goods.
What is Difference Between Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
The difference between logistics and supply chain is that logistics refers to the movement and storage of products while supply chain management is focused on the collaboration and tracked movements of goods across a supply chain.
What are the Common Features of Supply Chain Software?
The common features in Supply Chain software include:
- Supply Chain Planning
- Demand Planning
- Inventory Management
- Warehouse Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Order Fulfillment
- Transportation Management
- Reporting and Analytics
- Predictive Analytics and Forecasting Tools
What are the Benefits of Supply Chain Software?
The benefits of Supply Chain software are:
- Improve Synchronicity in Your Supply Chain
- Reduce Risk and Errors
- Control (and Often Reduce) Costs
- Boost Efficiency and Productivity
- Support Decision-Making
- Improve Customer Service and Supplier Relations
- Maintain Data Security and Integrity
Who Uses Supply Chain Software?
Retailers, manufacturers, logistics companies, agencies, and transportation companies all use supply chain software.
What are the Challenges with Supply Chain Software?
The challenges with supply chain software can include:
- Disagreements between suppliers and partners
- Learning curve involved in learning new systems and processes to optimize the supply chain
- Lack of experience prior to implementing customized supply chain tools
- Communication issues
- Poor customer experience
How to Buy Supply Chain Software?
You can use the following checklist to help you determine how to buy the best Supply Chain Management system for your business.
- Focus on business needs, supply chain issues, and growth goals driving the decision to get a new or upgraded supply chain management software.
- Plan for data migration, implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact employees or vendors during the transition.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Understand the processes you’re looking to streamline and automate.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by supply chain software vendors to show features and functionality.
- Understand reporting and analytics needs
What are the Top Supply Chain Software Trends?
Adapting to the changes in how customers shop and consume goods
- Increasing eCommerce
- Evolving roles for delivery of goods in the supply chain
- Increased need for collaboration and transparency
- More flexible, agile systems for supply chain management