Shadow IT has become a household (or office-hold) name in today’s modern businesses, but what a lot of organizations don’t realize is the number of risks involved in ignoring those rogue technology installations. The average large enterprise uses around 1,220 individual cloud services, which is more than 13 times the 91 services recognized by IT departments.
Not only does Shadow IT go directly against IT departments, it can also create security vulnerabilities and unnecessary costs. Employees typically engage in Shadow IT because they think it will save their company, and IT department, time and money. In reality, going around IT just bypasses the critical management, integration, and security and compliance related safeguards that they support. Download this guide for more information on how to:
• Seek out the biggest shadow IT offenders
• Assess security and efficiency risks and provide suitable alternatives
• Get employees to come forward about their shadow deployments
• Become more involved in the application selection process
• Create a more transparent IT management culture
Get your personalized recommendations now.