Learn more about Video Conferencing Software
What is Video Conferencing Software?
Video conferencing software facilitates online communication and collaboration with tools for connecting via audio calls, video meetings, group webinars, online events and more. Video conferencing software offers a variety of tools to support communication both internally and externally with audio and video calling, screen and desktop sharing, chat, and meeting recordings. Video conferencing can help reduce costs, improve communication and reduce the need for travel while also supporting remote workers and contractors.
What is Video Conferencing Used For?
Video conferencing software is a must-have communication technology that helps people connect and collaborate in a face-to-face setting online, no matter their locations. Video conferencing is extremely cost effective and can be used across a business for meetings, training, and more.
How Much Does a Video Conferencing System Cost?
Video conferencing software is available in a wide range of pricing plans and options, starting with free systems offering basic tools (with user, participant, or feature restrictions) and going all the way up to high end telepresence systems on-site in board rooms. Pricing plans for video conferencing start at $0-$20 a user per month and can range up $20,000 setups.
What Equipment do I Need for Video Conferencing?
With a cloud-based video conferencing software, all you need is a fast internet connection and a desktop laptop, or mobile device to connect by video or audio. Any device you use to connect to video conferencing software should have some kind of monitor, display screen, speakers, and microphone to ensure you can see, hear, and speak to other attendees.
What are the Requirements for Using Video Conferencing?
The basic requirements for using video conferencing software include:
- Video conferencing software
- High-res webcam
- Updated devices and operating systems to ensure access to updated features and system upgrades
- Strong internet connection and bandwidth availability
- Display screen or monitor for video
- Microphone & Speakers
- Mobile video conferencing app or desktop download
What are the Common Features of Video Conferencing Software?
The most common features of video conferencing software are:
- Audio Calling (VoIP integration)
- HD Video Calls & Meetings
- Individual and Group Chat
- Screen, Desktop, File, & Application Sharing
- Shared Digital Whiteboards
- Remote Access
- Webcam and Audio Settings
- Meeting Recordings
- Branding and Customization
What are the Benefits of Video Conferencing?
The benefits of video conferencing software include:
- Enhanced collaboration opportunities
- Improved internal and external communication
- Better Cost-Savings and profitability
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- Eased meeting scheduling
Who Uses Video Conferencing Software?
Most all companies are now using some form of video conferencing software. Video conferencing software has grown into a must-have business tool for improved communication and collaboration via audio, video, and chat in a centralized system. Video conferencing is used most often by:
- Small businesses
- Large corporations
- Remote employees or teams
- In-house teams connecting with customers, clients, or stake holders
Which Industries Use Video Conferencing?
Companies in most every industry are using video conferencing. Industries like healthcare, legal, and education are heavily leveraging video software. Internally, video conferencing can benefit sales, HR, marketing, product development, and executives. Video conferencing is multi-purpose and can be used for audio and video calls as well as training, recruiting, interviews, and more.
What is Conferencing Software Used For?
Video conferencing software is used to bring people together via audio, video, or chat meetings that work through an internet connection. Video conferencing software can be used for scheduled meetings, impromptu connections, webinars, and training sessions.
Challenges with Video Conferencing Software?
The most common challenges with video conferencing software come from inexperience with the tools and features included in the software. With continued used and training, video conferencing can be a helpful tool across any organization, but being aware of the following challenges can help to overcome any issues.
- Video conferencing system is not upgraded with the most up-to-date audio and video conferencing features
- Employees do not have experience using a video meeting software
- Weak internet connection or limited bandwidth making audio or video meetings glitchy or causing interruptions.
What is the Most Challenging Aspect of Video Calling?
Some of the challenging aspects of communicating with video conferencing software include:
- Misunderstood nonverbal cues
- Cultural communication differences
- Distrust of the video system and frustration with tools
- Slow adoption of virtual or remote team members
- Weak internet connection and bandwidth issues
- Software compatibility with older machines or devices
How to Buy Video Conferencing Software?
You can use the following checklist to help ensure you choose the right video conferencing software for your business:
- Focus on business needs, communication issues, and growth plans when considering video solutions
- Plan for implementation costs, IT involvement, and any downtime that may impact ongoing customer interactions or sales processes.
- Make a plan to support user adoption through training.
- Ensure all users are set up for success with updated devices, strong internet connection, and adequate bandwidth.
- Compare the features, pricing, and reviews on multiple video conferencing solutions to identify which ones align most closely with your business goals.
- Don’t skip the product demos offered by video conferencing vendors to show features and functionality.