HashiCorp is a software company based in San Francisco, California. It aims to provide a better security database by providing cloud-computing infrastructure. Notably, the company was established with the belief that infrastructure creates innovation for any business model.
This is why the company aims to provide a completely new and improved infrastructure i.e. Cloud Operating Model. This new operational model is a completely new phase in the IT operations which is integrated with cloud adoption and DevOps to thrive in the era of multi-cloud architecture.
What is HashiCorp Used For?
Provided that, HashiCorp provides a suite of multi-cloud infrastructure automation products or open-source tools that are intended to support the easy installation of large scale software. Each tool or product is designed to help in a certain stage of software installation. With this approach, HashiCorp seems to improve database security in a Multi-Cloud Datacenter.
Also, this transition to multi-cloud infrastructure is a generational transition for IT as it has become mandatory to thrive in an era of multi-cloud architecture. In addition, the company also provides support to secure their database to organizations of all sizes, well-known brands, or newly established small start-ups. Summing up, HashiCorp provides a freemium business model including DevOps, Cloud adoption, and infrastructure as code.
What are the Top HashiCorp Features?
The top features of HashiCorp include:
- Vagrant: This tool uses virtualization technology to support the building and maintenance of reproducible software development.
- Packer: This is another unique feature of HashiCorp that allows the induction of virtual-machine images for later deployment.
- Terraform: Terraform plays a pivotal role in enabling the provisioning and adapting of multi-cloud infrastructure.
- Consul: It is another unique and exclusive product of HashiCorp that provides service mesh, DNS-based service discovery, distributed KV storage, RPC, and event propagation.
- Vault: It provides secret management and database security, identity-based access, and encrypting application data.
- Nomad: Nomad keeps the scheduling and deployment of tasks intact.
- Serf: It is used for decentralized cluster membership, orchestration software products, and failure detection.
- Boundary: It ensures to provide secure remote access that is based on trusted identity.
- Waypoint: This exclusive feature provides a modern and smooth workflow. This helps in smooth building, deploying, and releasing across platforms.
What are the Main Hashicorp Benefits?
The journey of adopting this new business infrastructure involves three most significant benefits which are mentioned below:
- Implications of the Cloud Operating Model
- Transitioning to a Multi-Cloud Datacenter
- Multi-Cloud Infrastructure Provisioning
- Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model
- Provision of Reproducible Infrastructure as Code
- Encryption as a Service
- Advanced Database Security
- Multi-Cloud Service Networking
- Network Middleware Automation
- Zero Trust Networking with Service Mesh
- Mixed Workload Orchestration
- Compliance and Secret Management
How Much Does HashiCorp Cost?
The cost of a HashiCorp varies from plan to plan. It depends on the package you choose. However, you can get a free estimation of the cost of your selected plan through their official site. They have provided the liability of getting a free estimation of the HashiCorp plan cost before purchasing.