5 Ways That Marketing Sales Automation Directly Helps Sales
Marketing Sales automation is still a relatively untapped resource. Even as it has become more prolific, many companies still leave the marketing department at the bottom of the list regarding software upgrades. But the days of putting marketing sales automation behind areas like HR and customer service may soon be a thing of the past, as more and more CEOs realize how software marketing solutions can directly benefit sales.
- Increased Customer Engagement
- Improved Lead Nurturing and Segmentation
- More Efficient Marketing Campaigns
- Greater Sales and Marketing Alignment
- Increased ROI From Your Technology Investment
These are just a few benefits marketing sales automation can bring companies. As sales and marketing teams become more closely aligned, it will be interesting to see how else ma benefits the sales process.
According to a marketing sales report by market-research provider Aberdeen Group Inc., 58 percent of best-in-class companies now use software marketing, and 32 percent of those businesses have used it for three or more years. The report indicated that companies using marketing sales software are seven times more likely to see a greater than 100 percent return on their marketing campaigns.
When the report was released, Ian Michiels, an Aberdeen Group senior research analyst, observed that companies that were early arrivals on the marketing sales -automation scene "demonstrate the value of automating standardized, day-to-day marketing activities," while companies who are late to the table "spend unnecessary time on manual processes and marketing sales administrative tasks that can easily be streamlined and automated with marketing-automation technologies."
It's evident, then, that marketing sales automation can profoundly affect the sales process—and that companies who don't use these tools may soon find themselves at a competitive disadvantage. Now is the time to start if you're not using marketing sales automation in your business yet. Your sales team will thank you for it!
Another Aberdeen Group report on marketing sales automation, co-sponsored by Market2Lead Inc., indicated that companies that invested in marketing sales software platforms during the previous two years saw a 10 percent increase in lead-to-sales conversion rates. Market2Lead CEO Geoff Rego said that the report "shows that marketing automation plays a significant role in increasing the return-on-investment companies receive from their marketing campaigns."
In no particular order, here are five critical aspects of marketing sales automation that can directly benefit your business's sales efforts.
- Targeted Sales Leads: One part of marketing sales that has killed many a rep from the start is the dreaded cold call — not necessarily because the agent is afraid of the phone, but because the vast majority of random leads result in time wasted and no sale. Marketing sales software for marketing directly impacts sales efficiency by generating leads that are best suited for your enterprise's products and are, therefore, most likely to result in success.
- Improved Campaign Management: Rather than having your marketing sales and marketing staffers struggling to control list generation, campaign costs, distribution of promotional materials, and response tracking, marketing sales automation gives them the sales and marketing tools to manage campaigns quickly and more effectively.
- Increased Integration Between Marketing Sales: Did you ever feel that your marketing staff and salespeople aren't always on the same page? Marketing sales-automation solutions can help eliminate that problem, especially if your business has branch offices or sales teams in satellite locations. The software for marketing materials allows for joint execution and real-time tracking of marketing sales projects to get the most out of your creative efforts to sell your company's products and services.
- More straightforward Bulk Email Campaigns: Everyone worries about spam and cluttering inboxes. However, the reality is that targeted marketing sales email blasts to the right individuals and businesses put valuable information about your company's latest offerings in the right hands. Marketing sales -automation solutions make it easier to generate a list, blast out the email and track its response.
- Better Branding: As has been established, marketing staffers and sales representatives are sometimes literally off doing their things. Somewhere, the company message and vision get lost while everyone is out fending for themselves rather than working together cooperatively in marketing sales. With better control over planning and assigning tasks, the message your marketing team and sales staff deliver will be consistent and hammer home an unmistakable brand identity.
But as with all other software solutions, buying the software is merely the first step. Michiels added one pivotal point when his marketing sales report was released. He said that the best-in-class companies "do more than adopt technology; they establish organizational practices around measurement and accountability for marketing initiatives."
Benefits of using online marketing systems
Marketing sales platform software has dominated conventional sales systems in multiple B2B companies. Inbound marketing software was initially designed to streamline marketing sales activities in a business and assist speed up the conversion of leads.
The integrated marketing sales system in software can help businesses sell faster, wiser, and more efficiently while promoting the sales team's productivity. When managing a company, a robust software application for marketing is essential for automating various operational processes to make them more accurate and efficient. It also allows businesses to monitor and manage their marketing campaign’s progress and results.
There are several advantages of using an online marketing sales system, including:
- Reduced costs: With the marketing sales force automation system, businesses can save on advertising expenses by optimizing their marketing campaigns' resources and maximizing their return on investment.
- Improved customer relationships: The marketing sales system assists businesses in understanding their target audience and prospects. As a result, they can create more personalized messages that resonate with the customers.
- Increased sales and conversions: Online marketing sales system can help businesses increase their sales by automating repetitive tasks and providing insightful data that can be used to make informed decisions.
- Enhanced productivity: Marketing sales systems can help businesses save time and increase efficiency by automating tasks and processes.
- Improved decision making: marketing sales system provides businesses with the data and analytics they need to make informed decisions about their marketing campaigns.
- Greater flexibility: Online marketing sales system allows businesses to customize their marketing campaigns according to their specific needs and requirements.
For B2B companies, sales top marketing sales software has been launched by the vendors, and the marketing software reviews help you decide which is the best match for your company.
- Organized database
Marketing sales software offers a comprehensive view of all the customers. It provides marketing, accurate sales, and customer service information to your business so that the whole department stays organized and synchronized. With in-depth information on customer preferences and characteristics, the best software for marketing enables you to make the maximum interaction and make data-driven decisions on up-to-date and real-time data.
- Precise sales forecast
Faulty data leads to poor sales forecasts. Organized marketing sales management software records data competently and provides crucial information that makes it easy for the salespersons to make precise forecasts. marketing sales Software for marketing can easily manage data. Consequently, this simple process can be an excellent benefit for sales managers. Furthermore, this software can reduce errors in making sales predictions because the system stores data precisely.
- Efficient sales team performance
Marketing sales software permits your team to focus on sales instead of worrying about mundane yet essential tasks such as scheduling meetings, updating data, or scheduling follow-up reminders. Mainly, marketing sales software has the features to set up follow-up reminders automatically; task scheduling is a must for the sales process and assigning tasks to relevant team members.
Why should you choose inbound marketing sales software?
In this digital era, relying on conventional sales efforts is not sufficient. Deficiency of real-time data, delay in actions, and inappropriate decision-making can lead your B2B company to lose several good opportunities. The correct sales management software enables you to monitor and optimize all interactions. Furthermore, marketing sales software solutions also help automate repetitive tasks, improving productivity and efficiency.
Additionally, with the built-in features and analytical tools of marketing sales automation software, businesses can promptly make data-driven decisions. All these aspects are crucial for success in this digital world where technology keeps changing quickly.