Project Management software is a suite of tools, features, tracking, and integrations that are all designed for smoothly managing projects from beginning to completion.
Whether a project involves various levels of intricate steps or requires that groups of employees and/or clients work together seamlessly, project management software can help your company successfully manage and complete your projects across all departments or even externally with clients or partners.
Many companies struggle to understand how to best time the implementation of a project management software. Investing in project management tools too early when your projects are small (in both number and complexity) could end up adding an unnecessary complication of entering and tracking data in a dedicated system before it’s beneficial. However, waiting too long to implement project management tools could cause efficiency losses and jeopardize project completion and success.
There are several types of Project management tools, beginning with the most user-friendly and basic to complex tool sets for full portfolio management.
The main types of Project Management software are:
- Basic, Stand-Alone Tools
- Collaborative Tools
- Mid-Range Project Management Tools
- High-End Project Management Tools
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tools
The top Project Management software features are:
- Project Gantt View
- Resource Management
- Portfolio Management
- Time Management
- Cost Tracking
- Risk Management
- Document Management
- Change Management
- Workflow Management
- Ticket Management
- Web Services API
- Customizable Dashboards
- Intuitive Operations
- Custom Fields
- Custom Forms
- Custom Reports
The business benefits of Project Management software include:
- Facilitate seamless collaboration on all the moving pieces involved in one or many projects.
- Improve scheduling on projects with a variety of tools.
- Reduce costs and build efficiency into your project timelines.
- Improve project progression tracking and quantify results upon completion of projects.
- Enhance team and/or client communication while working together on shared projects and initiatives.
- Create organization with delegation tools, project tracking, and more.
There are many Project Management software systems available, each offering an array of powerful, effective tools to support efficient, streamlined projects with high completion and success rates.
Selecting or switching to the perfect Project Management software for your company involves deep business examination and thoughtful research and analysis of the features and system capabilities that will best suit your business now and scale with you as you grow.